A reflection paper may seem like a common task for students out there. To make it right, though, you have to use a compare and contrast essay example for better understanding. The technique that is widely known as the reflective one is largely based on the similar tactic of “compare and contrast.” Surely, some of the students need to get the passing grade with their assignment to improve their status as learners.
Others simply want to know the ins and outs of the paper that allows you to rant about the topic. Homework like this includes musings on the specific show, lecture, book, or concept. It should not be confused with the descriptive essay. Taking on a casual tone is captivating to the readers. Besides, you can use a first-person type of narration for any of your reflective essays. By giving an opinion about the topic, you acknowledge the efforts of people who have researched it before while also sharing new data with the audience.
They say that the most efficient reflective assignments do not only contain personal opinions and points that have to be mentioned in the course of the text. They are also all about giving an authoritative source of information. Having a belief is essential. Backing it up with a compelling fact is a whole new level of writing.
We know it is hard to follow all the rules and produce a writing piece that is specifically unbiased. However, there is a way to boost your game by reflecting on the topic. There are times when your teachers do not give a chance of picking the theme freely and exploring it to the full. In this case, you have to learn everything about framing a response that would answer the call of the readers and draw their attention for a long time. Also, there are several types of reflection papers you have to know about. They can be divided into:
- Educational. These usually contain a reflection on the book, lecture, or something that has impressed you in the recent past. Teachers often use it to evaluate the reaction of students and test their ability to handle different types of academic challenges. The academic nature of the research does not leave time for personal musings. This might be one of the most complicated writing assignments, considering that an educational paper has to contribute to the narrative.
- Professional. Here, the writers have a chance to analyze the patterns of behavior and study the queries that have been provided by the research groups. This means a lot of work for the teachers and students alike. A reflective paper like that will require you to rally the troops and make some serious decisions regarding the structure of the text. Besides, you have to take care of the context and constantly remind yourself that this is the kind of research that can be referred to as free of prejudice.
- Personal. This is one of the most popular techniques simply because it allows the readers to explore the viewpoint without giving away too much detail. You can render a sense of what’s happening, based on the structure of the essay, but even that is viewed as a part of the experience. The same approach is used for the efficient storytelling process that ultimately results in the audience deciding whether they want to commit to the text and spend more time getting to know the author. More freedom is allowed with the approach. However, you need to be mindful of the tone of your story since it reflects the beliefs you are channeling out into the world.
How to Write a Compare and Contrast Essay before the Deadline
It is known that most topics for the essay are provided by the teachers in charge. Often, the tutors pick between the books that you already know. However, they also expect to embrace the personal experience and incorporate it into the plot. The matter of the subject can make a difference in the process of writing mainly because you are allowed to loosen up and choose something that does not always have to do with the original topic. You need to make sure that the freedom of expression is approved, though, since the grade depends on the ability to analyze while applying critical thinking.
Do not rush when choosing a theme for the future reflection essay. No matter what they say, there is always a chance that you will be picking something that won’t match the initial course. In this case, there is no need to get stressed out. Go with the flow and determine the outline of the story. You can treat it as the building block that will take you further on the path of the chosen narration type.
Jot down all the thoughts off the top of your head to make them relatable to the theme. You need to bear in mind that the main concept of the reflection paper is to keep the audience on edge. For gathering information, the writers can use:
- Pie charts
This is only a part of what you can achieve with the right approach. You also should:
- Focus on the idea. Elaborate on how the expectations you had for a certain book or a film were met during the course of the review. Do not hesitate to come up with a compelling introduction and draw the readers in by adding a line about a personal view on the topic.
- Explain your thoughts in the beginning. This is the time when the writer supports the statement with an argument. They can either agree with the existing opinion or provide an individual one. In this case, you will be delighted with the expert’s choice of the topic and will definitely follow them and their course of writing. Make the mindset clear to the target audience to have them appreciate your work.
- Draft a conclusion. Wrap up the thoughts about the subject in several sentences. You should not repeat the same information over and over. Instead, try replacing the words that you have used to coin new terms and introduce the readers to an innovative approach. Regardless of the topic that you are exploring, there is always something you can add to the theme.
- Make the paper short and sweet. Despite the popular notion, writing a reflection paper is not about length. Keep the sentences concise and make sure the readers know where you are heading. It may be hard for students who are doing it for the first time, but your work will definitely pay off.